Sunday 27 April 2014

Alien Storyline

A few months ago I had created this story about aliens, a bit after Christmas Break. It started out when I made my first drawing with my new pro markers. With a few minutes of sketching and about an hour of fleshing it out and coloring it I made this:


I loved this drawing. Normally I draw robots, and even if I do draw an alien, I usually don't like it. But the fact that this was colored, an assassin, AND had a cool name, I felt really proud about it. In fact, I wanted to draw MORE of these things, which I had never done before. I usually draw what I wish to draw, look at it, then make something else. The second one was very successful.


My brother drew the scar (Which is why it's still his favorite drawing I've made), but everything else was done by me. But I wasn't done yet. I wanted to make even more of these aliens. And as the more I drew them, the more I built up some information about them and their cultures. The eye on Xen's shoulder pad, for example, is "The eye that sees all." It's sort of like their religion, as they believe that one of the stars in the universe is a magical eye, the only remaining piece of a majestic god who created the universe. The next alien I drew had to be drawn twice, as I had made a mistake the first time.


Nezdril was the alien with the most back story. Nezdril was the ancient leader of these green aliens, and had died a few hundred years ago from a volcanic explosion. His body was preserved until they had the technology to revive him with bionic upgrades, including some tubes on his neck to allow more blood to reach his head. If you haven't noticed, the pose of the creatures slowly seem more and more like a human stance. I didn't notice this until I had finished drawing all six of the aliens, and when my Mom pointed it out to me. I didn't want this to happen, but it's hard to make it look a bit non-human after drawing human-like robots for so long.


This next one is done in colored pencil and crayon. Yej (pronounced "yesh") is the oracle of the eye that sees all. He's wearing a skull of the primitive version of these creatures, who once had horns. The crystal ball of foreseeing, of course, sees the future, and the staff of history sees the past. That bone leg he has is supposed to be a peg leg, but it looks more like part of his flesh was burnt off. 


Krawn was one of my favorites, not just because of his super cool mega ion blaster, but because he has some shading and lighting added to his head and armor. The vials attached to his left leg are chemical bombs that are triggered when the liquid is put in contact with oxygen. The grenades on his right leg and chest are special bacteria radiation grenades, that spill radiation. This radiation, however, has a special bacteria put with it, so that the radiation is slowly consumed by bacteria until it disappears. 


 Skrall doesn't really have any story behind it, or much to show. It's just an alien with an electric spear. I did try to draw the head in a different perspective, but it looks a lot cooler the way the other aliens had their heads positioned.


This picture actually has several mistakes with the alien body. The waist is a bit too much to the left and his legs aren't placed on the ground correctly, but overall it looked cool. This picture represents the destruction of the aliens. However, I didn't stop the alien story here. This picture gave me some questions about the robot, such as where it came from, who made it, and why it went on this planet. I decided to draw more of these robots and answer these questions as I drew.


Although I hadn't quite answered any of my own questions yet, I did make a bit of sense out of some of the parts of Databix. On his right shoulder is a square chip I called "Kill-ware," that gives Databix a more murderous behavior. His left shoulder has a dome with little spikes on it. I didn't give it a name yet, but I did give it two purposes. One is to make a small invisible force shield around the exposed wires on his body. The second purpose is much more complicated. If Databix was to record something on its side camera, it wouldn't be seen on a different planet for about 10 or 20 minutes, as it takes a while for the information to reach its destination. This dome device, however, solves this long delay by creating a complex split in time within it's core, allowing the side camera to see things 10 to 20 minutes before they actually happen! The last things to mention is the waist with the little discs and the left arm. Those blue discs are actually ammo for the mini gun arm. The disc is placed in a cylinder which can be barely seen at the top of the right arm, next to the shoulder. The left arm has this little antennae device. That's simply a tazer to neutralize hard-to-defeat-enemies.  


Photaz doesn't look nearly as intimidating as Databix, but it's just as deadly. Again, it has the spiky dome thing, but the Kill-ware is slightly different. Instead, it's Hunt-ware, a more sharp-eyed technology to give the robot more accuracy when firing its heat-detecting laser sniper. Its feet have a soft bottom to soften the sound of it walking when it sneaks through enemy lines. It also has radar sensors to detect anything behind it and anything in the dark or the water. 

As I was making Photaz, I began to create an Idea of who made these machines and where. These creatures were super intelligent, very strange-looking. . . and have been watching us humans for a very long time. I call them stecs.


If you look at the bottom of this sketch page, you will notice that they don't have arms, have spiky backs and have backwards-jointed legs. I first wanted them to be creatures that lived on the planet of Jupiter. This was before I did my planet research and found out that Jupiter had huge amounts of radiation and poisonous gases everywhere. Anyway, these aliens lived thousands of years before humans, and therefore have developed better technology than humans. That hole where their stomach would be is where their eggs come out when they give birth. Speaking of birth, stecs reproduce asexually, which means that all the offspring is identical. Their tentacles on their mouths can be used as a kind of sign language, as well as filtering the dangerous fumes in the air to only breathe pure oxygen. Their eyes have the same chemicals as fireflies, which allow them to glow different colors. The tentacles on its forehead are like fingers, and the tentacles near the egg-hole give milk for the newborn babies. 

When these creatures managed to build spacecrafts (called UFO's by humans), and successfully break through the thick atmosphere, they discovered our world. They now often observe us and watch our behaviors and technology. They are so inspired by us humans and our weapons that they created killing machines in our image. Their empire is so large that they need to conquer other planets to build more cities and other things. 


Even in their primitive age they conquered most of the planet. They would use the sharp points of their mouth tentacles to pierce their prey until they fainted from the loss of blood. They would then pull and rend flesh out of the prey and pull it into their mouths. Like humans, stecs did not just eat meat. They would dine on a few plants that survived on Jupiter. 


This shows the inside of a stec egg and what a baby and teenager would look like. The baby on the left begins with arms to help it move around and the almost disappear in the teenage years. Their tentacles also start out very small and grow through their lives.

Here are some extra sketches that I've added to the story.


The robot's name is SCAMP, and is designed to have the ability to control your mind and make you think that you're suffering pain or in a different place. It just needs to look in your eyes. This robot was also made by the stecs, but its neural features were so complicated that it would be extremely expensive to give it realistic human movement. So they just gave it some wheels and arms to take planet samples. 
Ignore the fire breathing head.
I doodle a lot.


I also had an idea that another human species had lived on Jupiter, but had left to another world because of the large amount of deadly fumes and radiation that came to the planet. These humans have lived even before stecs, so they have very high-tech stuff. They plan to come back to Jupiter one day, once they feel like they should stop the stecs from controlling the Solar System. But for now they're hiding somewhere deep in space. . .


1 comment:

  1. WOW! Your art is not just drawings. Because you have given them identifies and histories they come alive even more than just with your fantastic animation abilities.
    I wonder if an artist friend my be interested in being the creator of making your drawings into real 3D creatures. So awesome, David.

    ReplyDelete