Tuesday 5 December 2017

K.U.G. Spider Artillery


There is a series of drawings related to an alien race known as "stecs" that I posted a long time ago. These aliens are a part of a universe that I've decided to call "N.E." (for "New Era"), for now.
Part of the universe consists of a race of humans on a planet in another galaxy (in my first writings about the humans, the setting was on earth, in the future; however, having watched superhero movies where the setting is earth, I've found that it's better station humans on a foreign planet, to avoid people having a realistic perspective on situations, and also to prevent having to micro-detail places, buildings, governments, etc.). For the sake of keeping to the description of the drawing itself, I will summarize that the humans during the New Era had a single government known as the K.U.G. ("Kaff United Government"; Kaff is the name of the planet), and this is one of their machines.
This spider vehicle is a light, mobile artillery unit. The multiple legs allow quick movement while managing rugged terrain; and the rotary base allows for quick rotation of the cannon, acting like the top of a tank. Looking back on this drawing, I wonder if I should have placed the cooling grill (located on third piece of the cannon's barrel) so that it was facing upwards instead of down.

No comments:

Post a Comment