Friday 1 December 2017

I'm Back!

I'm back!
It took me three years, but I'm back. And with three years of drawing, there tends to be a lot to share from my experience.
For example: I've been tinkering with Adobe Illustrator for some time, now, and I've gotten used to digitizing my artwork. I've also placed most of it on my Wix web site (the link is drogonan56.wixsite.com/david-vance).

I think that I will use the same blogging format that I used three years ago: show a picture and summarize it, below!



(Made on Adobe Illustrator) The Chaos Bringer is a story one of my friends wrote and asked me to design a character for.
During a future not very far from the present, strange alien objects begin to crash onto the surface of earth. Some are weapons; others tools.
One of these weapons is called "The Chaos Bringer". It is a mace-like tool, where instead of a spiked metal ball, there is a strange, glowing cube. The energy-line that acts like the chain of the mace has a virtually infinite stretching range, allowing the cube to be flung great distances, dealing massive damage to a target, and then being returned immediately after. The Chaos Bringer can also be transformed into a war hammer; the energy rope becomes condensed and hardens, and the cube changes shape into a large, rectangular version of itself. The war hammer can be flung into the ground, causing massive earthquakes and changing shape of any terrain in its radius.
The downside to this powerful weapon? Well, the Chaos Bringer has a psychological link to its wielder. And the Chaos Bringer has a mind of its own. Within time, a person's mind can be completely connected to the Chaos Bringer, and the person's memories can even be transmitted to the mind of the next person to use it.
The character in the picture is the second person to have used the Chaos Bringer; the first person, in short, had gone power-crazy, and his insane and destructive thoughts took over the mind of the next user of the strange alien cube.

1 comment: